Fused Marasmius - Marasmius cohaerens
- flat to slight bell-shaped (umbonate) cap.
- growing in clumps in the on the ground in mixed woods.
- a stem that starts out light brown at the top, fades to reddish in the middle, and finally to a dark brown at the bottom.
- dense mycelium at the base of the stem, forming sort of a pad.
- Under a microscope, the gill tissue sported prominent spike-shaped structures known as cystidia. Cystidia are non-spore producing cells found on the gills of many species of mushrooms. They come in variety of shapes and can be useful in identification. Their function is unknown. My microscopy skills are still quite rudimentary, but these things really stood out.
Fiber Head - Inocybe sp.
Unknown Amanita - Amanita sp.